Some important rules which you have to follow as well as some precautions to take for safer driving when you hire a car in Cyprus :
- Traffic moves to the LEFT hand side of the road and NOT on the right.
- Follow the speed limit. In towns the speed limit is 50 km/hr and for motoways the maximum speed is 100/hr and lower is 60km/hr.
- Where a double yellow line is painted parallel to the kerb, parking and waiting isprohibited at all times. Parking space is found in town-centres and is charged at approximately 50 cent for a half day’s parking. Parking meters can also be found and on Saturday afternoons and Sundays can be used for free.
- Front seat belts are compulsary in Cyprus and whereas rear seat belts are optional.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol is strictly against the law and considered a serious offense.
- Children under the age of five must NOT sit in the front passenger seat.
- It is advisable to stay away from the centre of the towns during rush hours ( between 7.30am to 8.30am, 12.30pm and 13.30pm and late in the afternoon 5.00pm to 6.00pm in Winter and 6.30pm to 7.30pm in Summer).
- Always lock your hire car in Cyprus when unattended.
- Do not leave personal belongings visible for the potential thief.
- In case of emergency call our 24hour a day, 7 days a week at 00357-99359213 Mr Savvas.
For further information about Car Hire in Cyprus please do not hestiate to contact us